There is so much information available on Leadership but how do you find the time
to sift through it all and how do you know what’s useful?
This is a page where we’ll put things we hope you will find useful
– from articles, videos and templates to affiliates and FAQs!
Build trust at work and lead a team that is inspired, motivated and happy with our free guide.
Make casual chats in your remote team fun and engaging with our free guide.
LEADERSHIP SERIES INTERVIEWS
Welcome to the first in our series of leadership interviews. We kick off with Georgie Somerset, judged one of the top 100 influential women in Australia a few years ago and a woman who continues to go from strength to strength. Georgie runs a family business and sits on a range of high profile Australian Boards so she has a broad range of experience to draw on. She has also established the Red Earth Community Foundation to build leadership skills within her community.
Click the video below to watch Juliet’s interview with Georgie Somerset to get an insight to Georgie’s experience in Leadership roles and some great tips on how to become a successful leader.
Be sure to check out our Big Goals Articles
As well as these other articles we’ve found interesting that you might too:
- An article about the value of finding your professional tribe This Is How Collaboration Strengthens Your Leadership (entrepreneur.com)
- Power With Purpose: The Four Pillars Of Leadership (entrepreneur.com)
- Just in case you’re thinking it’s just me…this is an interesting article that addresses some elements of leading a virtual team. How We Work Has Forever Changed. It’s Time For Leadership Skills To Catch Up. (forbes.com)
- The Endless Digital Workday (hbr.org) – the title says it all! This article talks about the challenges of work being around when you are at home, but also the challenge of finding common times to get a virtual team working together. The spread of work across the 24 hours of the day also rings true with the difficulties of home schooling, sharing workspaces at home etc. An interesting read.
- An interesting article on the inevitability of virtual teams and the resistance many senior managers have to remote working.
- This article identifies more of the winners and losers in remote working and the divide it will potentially create in society.
- Us versus Them: Reframing Resistance To Change
- How to be an Inspiring Leader
- The Connection Between Employee Trust and Financial Performance
- The CEO Survey 2017
- A Powerful Leadership Development Strategy Your Company May Have Overlooked
- How to Stop Your Best People From Leaving
- To Persuade People, Trade PowerPoint for Papier-Mâché
- If Your Team Agrees on Everything, Working Together Is Pointless
- Towards Conscious Leadership
- This Ted Talk about burnout is an excellent, quick guide to avoiding burnout. If you haven’t listened to it yet, we highly suggest that you do!
- The Imperfects podcast with Hugh van Cuylenburg and Ryan Shelton
- The Practice – Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin (Penguin)
- Jon Katzenbach’s The Critical Few which is all about building and sustaining your culture. We often think of culture as a thing for large corporate organisations but it is important no matter what size your organisation is
- The Yay! Mindset by Angela McCubbin. Have you read it? I’m a naturally optimistic person but constant lockdowns and the vagaries of life in Australia are challenging for the most positive among us. A great read to give us all a bit of a lift.
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Women Kind by Dr Kirstin Ferguson and Catherine Fox
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- People Skills by Robert Bolton
- Getting Naked by Patrick Lencioni
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown